- Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment products, or systems for industrial, commercial, or domestic purposes.
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Conferring with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings, or topographical maps.
- Establishing construction, manufacturing, or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Supervising or training project team members.
- Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
- Maintaining electrical equipment.
- Working with a variety of technicians.
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the field.
- Licensed as a professional engineer.
- Experience in using or a desire to learn the required software.
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to electronic engineering.